Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2009

33rd Bon Odori 2009

Hi now first activity to fill my semester holidays is this BON ODORI =)
Taylor's Anime Society organized a trip to this and I was the one in charge of it.So even during my exam week I was actually getting people to join the trip ahaha XP .

Okay so we all gathered at Taylor's Main Campus at about 5.30 p.m. honestly since I was the one in charge I thought of making them gather at the lobby of the Business School since it would be easier to gather and see everyone there but thinking most of this people are main campus students I decided not to make myself trouble telling them where is the places in TBS just in case some were ignorant of it for some reason XD

Okay so I came early about 4.30 p.m. since I got to check people names when they came. A little bit later Danial and Rayyan came with a car each since they would be driving some people there..At about 5.30 p.m most people already came so I called the bus to come to the main campus gate. We all boarded it and went to Panasonic Sports Complex which was about 15 minutes from there.

When we got the area outside the area outside the sports complex was really like a Japanese park.As you would expect from a Japanese Complex =) inside the first thing we went to see was there was a tent by the organization of Malaysian Students that went to study in Japan before selling some cheap yukatas and headbands. I bought the Kamikaze headband and another that wrote 'Gaijin' that means foreigner for Danial ahaha




After that we went to get some food to eat since the event won't be officially launched until 7.00 p.m. they gave us the schedule on the fans that was given XD

Seriously that place is like a Japanese food festival so much around ahaha and for some strange reason the Taylor's cafeteria also had a stall there O_O is the cafe owner Japanese?



I bought this Pino Ice Cream its ice cream coated with chocolate. I heard from a friend in Japan that its quite good but I never found it before here I found it and it was really good!!!
Oh yeah I missed the opening taiko drum performance because a damn long line at one of the stalls. Then we went and meet Danial who already put up a mat to have a picnic like thing on the field during the event. I walked around then looking for some friends but had no luck finding them in the mass of people there so went back to sit with Danial and the gang. Then the Bon Odori dance started and we joined the crowd following the dancers on stage =)
Now some random pics.








Then after the final dance I finally meet some of the friends I was looking for ahaha.Actually just found Nox he was taking pictures of the stage with his camera wanted to sit around with them for a while but they were going to go somewhere and I had to go with the bus since I was the one handling it. Oh yeah between the Bon Odori dances there was guest performances by traditional Malay,Chinese and Indian dances but I was not interested in seeing them just sat around with the gang ahaha.

Then we cleaned up the place we were picnicking at around 9.45 p.m and had to go to the bus.Luckily all us Taylor's students are punctual XP everyone was there waiting for the bus without a problem ahaha good XD and we all arrived back at Taylor's around 10.15 p.m or so

Group Picture before we all go our separate ways home to rest XD











No comments:

Post a Comment